Tuesday, March 19, 2024

Blog Post #1

Blog Post #1





ESPN has always been there. Throughout the years when thinking of sports media there have been plenty of different companies and news sources that have come and gone throughout the years. Whether it was Sports Illustrated, NFL, NBA, or MLB network ESPN has been there. ESPN is the #1 news site for all things sports as they have everything on their website. As a future member of the sports media industry, I understand the importance of staying up to date in the sports world. From articles about various athletic topics, news updates on your favorite players, or encapsulating interviews, there is something for all sports fans at ESPN. The most reliable sports media out there.  





While I like to stay up to date with most of my sports new on ESPN, when I want to know football specific news, I will turn on to NFL Network. All of the professional sports have their own specific TV networks, but I prefer the NFL Network as I am a big NFL guy. I know just about everything about the NFL, and I am always up to date, and you can thank the NFL Network for that. Super convenient with 24/7 around the clock NFL news. For example, I was watching an NFL documentary at around 2 am when the program was momentarily interrupted to announce the trading of then Kansas City Chiefs Quarterback Alex Smith before returning back to normal programing. The NFL Network has its own NFL specific talk shows and documentaries throughout the years which will turn anyone into an up-to-date NFL know it all! 


As for actual news that has nothing to do with sports, I would say FOX News is my #1 source of real-world news. To be fair, I understand the inherit bias that comes with news station especially big ones such as FOX, CNN, MNSBC, NBC, etc. What I do find with FOX is that their bias is significantly less than other news station. The other news stations don't even try to hide their left-wing bias and while I am well aware of FOX's right-wing bias, I believe they are less likely to try and rock the boat with inaccurate or misconstrued quotes. Also, I like that if you watch FOX newscast everyone is always smiling and happy, and if you watch CNN everyone's all pissed off. Really opens your eyes. 





Unfortunately, it looks like Tik Tok might not be an app allowed in the US for much longer. That being said, I am afraid to admit I get quite a bit of my news on Tik Tok. To be fair, I don't usually get the full story or all of the details on Tik Tok, but more or less I will hear about it and then if I find the issue interesting, I can find more online. Just like Fox or CNN, there is inherit bias on Tik Tok with news but just like with those if you're smart you can find what's real and what isn't pretty quickly. Also, as a college student who's always on his phone, it is the most convenient way of finding and digesting news. It's like getting news in a minute and only having to listen to the one section of the news you're interested in. 


Finally, we have good old YouTube. YouTube walked so Tik Tok can run. I learn a lot about entertainment, and obscure sports story or really any other topic. Can provide a good look into what was popular back in the day (5 years ago) and can help open people's horizons in their interests. Also, news such as trailers or interviews are often released on YouTube before any other platform. 








No comments:

Post a Comment

Final Blog Post

 Luke Lee      4/25/2024 Media Law & Lit Technology and I     I love technology. I always have, and I most likely always will. Everythin...